Lochlyn decided to wake up at 6:00 am this morning. She hasn’t been awake before 7:30 in a couple of months. So strange. I ended up nursing her and then she went back to sleep, but now I am up early on a Sunday morning, so I decided to write this post.
This week will probably get pretty busy. We are spending Christmas Eve and Christmas morning at our house this year with my parents. Then we are driving to Cochrane and staying at my parent’s place for three nights. I still have a lot to do to get ready. I also have a Christmas party on Monday night, so that means one less day of making dinners. Josh isn’t coming to the party, so he is on his own for dinner that night. I tried to keep it simple for the week so I can focus on getting ready for the holidays.
- Creamy Shrimp and Scallop Pasta – I plan to use goat cheese instead of cream cheese, yogurt instead of sour cream, and replace the shrimp with extra scallops
- Easy Coconut Curry
- Maple salmon, brown rice, steamed veggies
- Turkey sausages, leftover rice, kale chips
Lochlyn’s New Foods
- Wash and chop some veggies for lunches
- Make granola
- Make hard boiled eggs for Lochlyn and I for lunches
- Date squares
- Nanaimo Bars
- Truffles or pralines
- Possibly butter tarts – If I feel like making pastry (so messy!)
I can’t believe it is already Sunday. On the agenda for today is watching Lochlyn while Josh goes to church, visiting a local craft fair to see if I can find some baby boots, doing groceries, Christmas baking, and possibly spending the evening with some friends.
Have a good rest of your weekend!