It’s Thursday already!? I don’t know why I always have the need to start my posts by telling you what day it is. I am guessing you probably already know this. Anyways, I am linking up with Amanda again for some Thinking out Loud on this beautiful rainy Thursday.
1. I dyed my hair with a boxed dye a couple of weeks ago. This was a pretty big deal for me. I don’t think I have ever used a boxed dye in my hair before, and I usually only dye my hair every 2 or 3 years. I usually get it coloured in a way that it can grow out naturally without looking too obvious. I was so nervous to use the boxed dye but really wanted something different ASAP. Here are my results:
You can’t hardly tell right? I used Natural Instincts dye – the colour was called medium cool blonde. I was going for a warm blonde, but despite the name, the photo on the box looked very warm. Since the above picture I have washed my hair a few times and I think the colour has faded even more. This is kind of what I wanted. Something to brighten up my hair a little bit, but also something that would fade back to my natural colour.
I really like the new colour of my hair, but I don’t think I would do it again. My hair feels so dry and brittle. I didn’t think this would happen since I used a semi-permanent colour with no ammonia. The next time I get the urge to colour my hair, I will be back at my hair dresser.
2. Today is my first day back at work after injuring my knee. I typically work 1-2 days a week, but i haven’t worked since before my half marathon on May 17th. I am really nervous about being on my feet for song. I have worked so hard to get my knee better, I hope that it doesn’t ‘make it worse! I am hoping I find the time to buy some better shoes today. I am just having a really hard time deciding what to get. I want something that will be super comfortable to wear in the summer and that will be really versatile and go with all my clothes. I wear a lot of dresses in the summer, so this is making my decision extra difficult.
3. Josh’s mom is coming to visit this weekend. She lives in Brandon, MB, which is something like a 12 hour drive from us. She is flying out for the weekend. I know that she is coming just to visit Lochlyn, but it will still be nice to see her. now that we had a baby, we get so many more visits from both sets of grandparents!
4. Lochlyn had her first swimming lesson on Tuesday. We have been waiting for her swimming lessons to start forever! The first time I registered her, her lessons were cancelled because not enough kids registered in her class. The next time I registered her, the pool ended up being closed due to some structural issues with the building, so we had to wait for it to reopen. The pool reopened on Tuesday, and we had a lot of fun at her lesson. She loves playing in the water and interacting with other kids. She even jumped off the side of the pool into my arms!
Unfortunately, I just found out that the pool has been closed again. They found some more structural issues with the roof. I am really glad that the pool is closed since the building isn’t safe, but I am disappointed that lessons are cancelled again! I guess we will have to swim at the lake for now.
5. Salted dark chocolate – you know, the Lindt kind. So good. Why haven’t I ever tried this before? Tara over at Sweat Like a Pig mentioned it in one of her posts, and when I passed it at the grocery store I decided to give it a go. This may replace my chocolate-covered almond obsession. The bar I bought last weekend is most definitely gone!
Source – Seeing as how I ate the bar before I thought of taking a picture
6. Okay, so there have been a few other things that have been on my mind lately that I don’t really want to get into here, mostly because I think they deserve their own post. The biggest one being my baby girl’s weight. I never thought this would be an issue at such an early age, and it really shouldn’t be. It isn’t something I want to deal with at any age, but my little girl is 15 months old. Expect a post on this subject coming soon. I just have to get my thoughts organized.
7. On a lighter note … CAMPING CAMPING CAMPING! I can’t even wait! One more month until our first week of summer holidays!
That’s a wrap. I always feel like I could ramble on forever when writing these posts, but I am going to cut myself off here. I hope you have an amazing rest of your day!
Do you like camping? Have you, or would you ever try backpacking?
Same question for boxed hair dyes… do you like them, or would you ever try them if you haven’t?