It’s Friday! I am actually excited about the weekend since I don’t have to work. I guess there are some good things about having an injured knee. My bank account isn’t too happy though. No paycheques + tons of physio = not so much money. Even though I only work one or two days a week, I am missing that little bit of extra cash I am bringing in, plus physio isn’t cheap. My parents did help me out a lot with paying for all the physio appointments (thanks guys!), but I didn’t expect to still be going. I am hoping to only have a couple more sessions left. I will miss it though, it is super relaxing.
Josh and I don’t have much on the agenda for this weekend. I think we will end up doing a lot of chores around the house, and in our backyard. We are currently working on landscaping the yard because, embarrassingly, it looks like this at the moment:
I also need to work on getting the house clean. It is pretty messy right now since I have been working at resting my knee when I am not chasing after Lochlyn. Josh’s mom is coming to visit in a week, and I don’t want her to have to stay the mess that is our home. I also need to clean out my truck because the inside hasn’t been cleaned since before Lochlyn was born. I guess it is confession time or something.
Anyways, happy Friday, and I hope you all enjoy the weekend. Here is my meal plan for the week!
- 5-minute Oatmeal Power Bowl
- Apple pie Chia Seed Jam Parfait
- Lot’s of eggs – I am normally a sweet breakfast person, but last week I found that all I wanted in the morning was savoury and eggs have sounded amazing! The two sweeter breakfasts I planned for last week are on this week’s plan since I haven’t got to the yet.
- Dinosaur Dill Crunch Salad with Chickpeas (carried over from last week as I haven’t gotten around to making it yet)
- Lots of bean/grain salads to use up leftovers
- Roasted Vegetable Toast
- maple salmon, rice pilaff, barbecued veggies
- Perfect Grilled Turkey Burgers, side salad
- Easy Spinach Ricotta Pasta
- Fish Tacos with Cumin Lime Cole Slaw
- Indian Summer Turkey Chili
What are you up to this weekend?
How often do you clean out your vehicle? I have actually never cleaned out my vehicle before. Josh used to do it for me, and I guess now no one does it. Time for me to learn!